For your home
Geothermal can be an excellent way to bring comfort to your home in both winter and summer. Many Wisconsin homeowners have installed a standard vertical ground loop; those with more land area or ponds have been able to install a horizontal or pond loop. All have enjoyed a large change in their monthly utility bills, which are lower throughout the entire year. And they’ve enjoyed other advantages as well:
- Equipment is reliable, lasting longer than a typical furnace; the ground loop lasts many decades.
- With installation of a desuperheater, the geo loop will yield free hot water during much of the year.
- Safer operation with no combustion or potential for carbon monoxide.
- Can avoid increases in gas costs, and even go fossil-fuel free with renewable electricity purchasing!
- No noisy outdoor unit operating in the summer.
Learn about a family saving big on their utility bills with geothermal; read the testimonial.
For your school
Geothermal heat pump systems have seen more success in schools than in most sectors. A school is an excellent fit for a geothermal system because the administration is generally interested in long-term operating savings, the heating and cooling needs of Wisconsin schools are well balanced, and the buildings generally have a large site for convenient layout of the ground loop. Many Wisconsin schools from the north woods to the southeast corner of the State have already gone geothermal. Some additional reasons for this choice are:
- Significantly lower life-cycle cost than any other system over the life of the school.
- Lower maintenance requirements for the school’s staff, both with indoor equipment (heat pumps) and the complete lack of outdoor equipment to service.
- Individualized temperature controls in each classroom.
- Quiet operation.
- No boiler room is required.
- Construction savings due to less indoor equipment and ductwork.
- An excellent educational example for the students of sustainability in action!
Learn about a large school that made the choice to save energy with geothermal; read the testimonial.
For your business
Geothermal heat pump systems not only save energy and protect the environment, they are also good for business. Many Wisconsin businesses have already made the switch to take advantage of many of the excellent benefits of geothermal heating and cooling:
- Lower monthly costs, in many cases from the first day of use if the first cost is rolled into a business loan.
- Less space taken up by mechanical equipment. Geothermal provides both heating and cooling in one package.
- Quieter, less visible equipment than rooftop or other outdoor condensing units.
- In many cases the floor-to-floor height can be reduced.
- Minimal maintenance for staff.
- Reliable equipment.
- Good corporate citizenship for choosing a more sustainable heating and cooling alternative.
Learn about a business having great success with geothermal; read the testimonial.